The IRONMAN Whistler/Pemberton Triathlon will take place on Sunday, July 30, 2017.
To ensure safety, travellers are advised to expect delays and closures on Highway 99 between Whistler and Pemberton from 7 a.m. until approximately 5:30 p.m. Additional closures will be in effect on Callaghan Valley Road and Pemberton Meadows Road during the event.
Highway 99 (Sea to Sky):
Vancouver to Whistler northbound:
- Highway 99 northbound open all day to Alpine Way, four kilometres north of Whistler Village.
- No left turns permitted off Highway 99 between Callaghan Valley Road and Alpine Way from 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Expect minor delays on Highway 99 northbound.
Whistler to Pemberton northbound:
- Highway 99 northbound closed from Alpine Way, four kilometres north of Whistler Village, to Pemberton between 8:45 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
Whistler to Vancouver southbound:
- Highway 99 southbound closed from Alpine Way, four kilometres north of Whistler Village, to Callaghan Valley Road between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Pemberton to Whistler southbound:
- Highway 99 southbound closed from Portage Road in Pemberton to Alpine Way, four kilometres north of Whistler Village, from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Highway 99 southbound closed between Alpine Way and Village Gate Boulevard 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Use detour routes after 1 p.m.
- Callaghan Valley Road to Whistler Olympic Park closed from 7 a.m. to noon.
- Pemberton Meadows Road northbound closed from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Pemberton Meadows Road southbound closed from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
In addition, the Resort Municipality of Whistler and the Village of Pemberton will have local road closures in place during the event.
Travellers are advised to plan their trip well in advance, allow extra time and use alternative routes where possible.