The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development will be presenting a series of information sessions and displays about how individuals and communities can prepare for and recover from wildfires.
These expos will be held in three Cariboo communities:
100 Mile House
May 29, 2018, from 3-6 p.m.
100 Mile House Community Hall
(in partnership with the City of Williams Lake and the Cariboo Regional District)
May 30, 2018, from 3-7 p.m.
Cariboo Memorial Recreation Complex
May 31, 2018, from 3-6 p.m.
Quesnel and District Seniors’ Centre
Topics that will be covered during these sessions include:
- fuel reduction and management plans
- reducing the potential impacts of wildfire on homes and property
- post-wildfire rehabilitation process
- potential post-wildfire hazards on the landscape
- wildlife management after a wildfire
- economic support available to landowners and businesses
- emergency evacuation process
People are invited to drop by at any point during any of these sessions to speak with a variety of subject experts, and learn about recovery efforts related to the 2017 wildfire season. Lots of tips and information will be available to help people and communities prepare for future flood and fire seasons.
Media RelationsMinistry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development