Effective at 8 a.m. (Pacific Time) on Sunday, Aug. 26, 2018, an area restriction order will be in place for Crown Land in the vicinity of the Sakeniche wildfire.
The Sakeniche wildfire is about 20 kilometres north of Middle River, and about 120 kilometres northwest of Fort St. James.
This area restriction is being implemented to protect public safety, due to this wildfire’s rate of spread, and to avoid interference with firefighting activities.
This order will remain in place until noon on Sept. 15, 2018, or until it is rescinded.
This order applies to Crown land within the geographic boundaries shown on the map that is posted online: http://ow.ly/Q89J30lypZI
Under this order and Section 11(2) of the Wildfire Act, a person must not remain in or enter this restricted area without prior written authorization of an official designated for the purposes of the Wildfire Act, unless the person enters the area only in the course of:
- travelling to or from his or her principal residence that is not under an evacuation order;
- using a highway as defined in the Transportation Act;
- travelling to or from an industrial activity or business location;
- travelling through or entering the area as a person acting in an official capacity; or
- travelling through or entering the area for an approved purpose of supporting wildfire suppression activities.
To report a wildfire or open burning violation, call 1 800 663-5555 toll-free, or *5555 on a cellphone.
For the latest information on current wildfire activity, burning restrictions, road closures and air quality advisories, go to: http://www.bcwildfire.ca
You can also follow the latest wildfire news: