An area restriction order is now in effect for Crown land in the vicinity of the Nadina Lake wildfire.
The Nadina Lake fire covers about 86,766 hectares on the south side of François Lake, about 20 kilometres north of Burns Lake. There are 102 firefighting personnel on site today, assisted by 44 pieces of heavy equipment.
This area restriction was implemented to protect public safety, avoid interference with fire suppression efforts and assist with wildfire rehabilitation work. This area restriction will remain in place until noon on Oct. 31, 2018, or until the order is rescinded.
This area restriction order applies to all Crown land outlined on the map that is available online at: http://ow.ly/y8LZ30lMhHP
Under this order and Section 11(2) of the Wildfire Act, a person must not remain in or enter the restricted area without the prior written authorization of an official designated for the purposes of the Wildfire Act, unless the person enters the area only in the course of:
- travelling to or from his or her principle residence, that is not under an evacuation order;
- travelling to or from leased property for the purposes of accessing a secondary residence or recreational property, that is not under an evacuation order;
- travelling as a person acting in an official capacity;
- travelling for the purpose of supporting wildfire suppression activities;
- using a highway as defined in the Transportation Act;
- engaging and/or participating in a commercial activity within the regular course of the person’s business or employment; and
- engaging and/or participating in agricultural activities pertaining to livestock management on private or leased property.
To report a wildfire, unattended campfire or open burning violation, call 1 800 663-5555 toll-free or *5555 on a cellphone. For the latest information on current wildfire activity, burning restrictions, road closures and air quality advisories, go to: www.bcwildfire.ca
You can also follow the latest wildfire news: