The Government of British Columbia has invited three pre-qualified bidding teams to participate in the request for proposals (RFP) stage to design, build and finance the Broadway subway project.
The request for qualifications (RFQ) was posted through BC Bid and closed on April 17, 2019. A thorough evaluation of the RFQ submissions was undertaken and the teams selected to participate in the RFP are:
- Acciona-Ghella Joint Venture
- Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc.
- Ghella Canada Inc.
- IBI Professional Services (Canada) Inc.
- DIALOG BC Architecture Engineering Interior Design Planning Inc.
- Mott MacDonald Canada Ltd.
- Ingenieria Especializada de Obra Civil e Industrial, S.A.
- Parsons Inc.
- Corporacion Acciona Infraestructuras, S.L.
- Broadway Connect
- Dragados Canada, Inc.
- Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc.
- ACS Infrastructure Canada, Inc.
- Aecon Concessions, a division of Aecon Construction Group Inc.
- Dragados, S.A.
- Aecon Group Inc.
- Hatch Ltd.
- WSP Canada Inc.
- Dr. G. Sauer & Partners
- VIA Architecture
- Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, a Division of Wood Canada Ltd.
- West 9th Partners
- SNC-Lavalin Capital Inc.
- SNC-Lavalin Constructors Pacific, Inc.
- SNC-Lavalin Inc.
- SNC-Lavalin Group Inc.
The Province expects to select the preferred proponent by mid-2020.
A copy of the request for proposals for the project is available on the project website at: https://engage.gov.bc.ca/broadwaysubway/
To find out more about employment and apprenticeship opportunities through the Community Benefits Agreement, go to: https://www.bcib.ca/
A backgrounder follows.