Motorists heading to the Kootenay Lake ferry terminal are advised to expect delays with the MV Balfour out of service due to a mechanical issue.
The MV Osprey 2000 continues to run on its summer schedule. The capacity of the MV Osprey 2000 is 80 vehicles and 250 passengers.
The ministry expects the MV Balfour to return to service next week.
Advice for motorists:
- Prior to travelling, for the most up-to-date information, ferry schedules and delays, along with a highway cam showing the current queue, check @DriveBC on Twitter or: DriveBC.ca
- Check the overhead message boards in Creston and Nelson.
- Plan to arrive early for the ferry.
- Allow time for a potential sailing wait.
- Consider off-peak crossing times before 9 a.m. or after 5 p.m.
- Take an alternative route, such as Highway 3.