Thirty-eight projects will receive a total of $20 million through the Rural Economic Recovery stream of the Community Economic Recovery Infrastructure Program.
Projects led by Indigenous communities, local governments or not-for-profits have been approved in communities throughout B.C.
- Cariboo Regional District, Anahim Lake Airport Runway Improvements, $300,000: correct terrain slopes so the airport can continue to support tourism, business, medevac and emergency flights.
- Dunster Community Forest Society, Inventory Storage, $88,000: expand woodworking building to air dry lumber, store finished materials and increase production abilities.
- Fraser Headwaters Alliance, Historic Goat River Trail Upgrade, $202,924: construct elevated supports for cable car operation to ease hiker crossing, reroute western portion of trail.
Regional District of Fraser-Fort George and Powder King Mountain Resort
- Regional District of Fraser-Fort George, Pine Pass Adventure Center - Highway 97 Pine Pass, $1 million: new facility at base of mountain to allow expansion of shoulder and summer season activities.
- Gold Rush Cycling Club, Wonderland Trail Network Expansion, $87,520: expansion of trail network.
- Williams Lake Cycling Club, Williams Lake Mountain Bike Trail Upgrade Project, $253,085: construct machine-built downhill mountain bike trail and improved uphill route on Fox Mountain trail network.
Regional District of East Kootenay areas E, F, G:
- Columbia Valley Greenways Trail Alliance, Invermere to Radium project - Eagle Ranch Segment, $976,455: shovel-ready section of six-section expansion of legacy trail.
- District of Invermere, Athalmer Destination Trails, $983,000: destination trails and boardwalks to connect existing sidewalks and trails.
Village of Kaslo, Regional District of Central Kootenay Area D:
- Regional District of Central Kootenay, North Kootenay Lake Rural Recovery Project, $197,413: strengthen local business supply chains, incubate agricultural capacity, foster adoption of digital marketing and e-commerce.
Harrison Hot Springs:
- Village of Harrison Hot Springs, Trail Network Development, $350,000: completion of Miami River Greenway with wide and fully accessible multi-directional trail.
- Lillooet Agriculture and Food Society, Lillooet Agricultural Facility, $267,500: facilitate construction and operation of a facility to address shortage of storage and processing areas for local farmers, ranchers and producers.
- Lil’wat Nation, Lil̓wat Nation Marketplace Infrastructure Project, $1 million: power, water and other infrastructure servicing for mixed-use commercial development to support Indigenous business growth.
- Nicomen Indian Band, Nicomen Indian Band Agricultural Development Project, $445,000: infrastructure to support band-owned agricultural development.
- Leq'a:mel Development Corporation, Zaitscullachan IR#9 Greenhouse / Propagation Facility, $999, 000: development and construction of cannabis micro grow facility.
- Burns Lake Native Development Corporation, Burns Lake Native Development Corporation Forestry Operations Expansion Initiative, $779,433: increase capacity through new facility for band owned forestry business for repair and maintenance and training.
Murray Ridge Ski Area, District of Fort St. James:
- Fort St. James Ski Club, Murray Ridge Ski Area Revitalization Project, $605,360: expansion for year-round tourism by resurfacing lift, rehabilitating t-bar and building two new mountain-bike trails.
Dease River First Nation:
- Dease River Development Corporation, Good Hope Lake Worker Accommodation Initiative, $669,729: purchase mobile camp to address shortage of housing for out-of-town workers.
- Misty Isles Economic Development Society, Haida Gwaii E-Commerce Project, $313,947: develop online marketplace for artisanal products and encourage business owners to adopt e-commerce.
- City of Prince Rupert, Waterfront Airport Ferry Landing Development, $1 million: support development of ferry dock as part of multi-faceted waterfront development.
- Terrace Off Road Cycling Association, Spring Creek Expansion Project, $267,960: ease congestion by constructing three new trails on Terrace Mountain/Steinhoe Ridge Trail Network.
Beaverdell, Greenwood, Midway, Narmata and Rock Creek:
- Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association, Kettle Valley Rail (KVR) Trail Improvement, $450,000: infrastructure improvements and advance implementation of the KVR master plan.
- South Shuswap Chamber of Commerce, Establishment of Economic Development and Business Support Hub, $82,000: support establishment of year-round hub and visitor centre to address lack of commercial space and improve broadband access.
- The Clearwater Ski Club, Clearwater Ski Lodge Renewal Project, $250,000: build tourism as an economic pillar and establish the area as an attractive and affordable year-round event and wedding destination.
- Lumby and District Chamber of Commerce, MAKE IT LOCAL, $9,750: inventory of storefronts and opportunities to make local products or expand existing production.
- Osoyoos Airport Development Society, Osoyoos Airport Expansion and Improvements, $524,174: safety, service and site improvements.
- Huu-ay-aht First Nations, Campground Expansion, $510,340: addition of sites, new trails and service upgrades, and an access road at Pachena Bay Campground.
- Town of Comox, Marine Services Building, $1 million: construct indoor and outdoor commercial and retail space in the growing Comox Marina.
- Ditidaht First Nation, Marine Access Revitalization, $409,871: expand and upgrade the dock, including platform, fencing, pedestrian ramp, lighting and interpretive kiosk.
Gwa’yas’dums, Gilford Island
- Kwikwasut’inuxw Haxwa’mis First Nation, Revitalizing the Shores of Gwa'yas'dums - Buddy Bay Campground, $274,971: assessments, design and construction of kayak-accessible Buddy Bay campground.
Malahat First Nation, Mill Bay:
- Malahat First Nation, Malahat Business Park Infrastructure Expansion, $999,281: final stage of clearing, grading and services for light industrial development.
Mount Cain Alpine Park, Regional District of Mount Waddington Area D:
- Mount Cain Alpine Park Society, Mount Cain Lodge, $874,000: construct new day lodge to house services and support move to summer operations.
Pacheedaht First Nation, Port Renfrew:
- Pacheedaht First Nation, Campground Expansion, $992,589: add serviced and unserviced camp sites, service additional sites, washroom facilities and parking, and improve access.
- WorkLink Employment Society, Mobile Visitor/Business Information Center, $280,000: trailer, renovations, landscaping, services for a visitor centre that can be relocated.
Regional District of Nanaimo Area F, Parksville:
- Parksville and District Chamber of Commerce, Mid Vancouver Island Micro- fulfillment Centre, $620,000: construct scalable and modular warehouse for storage and shipping of local business goods.
- Powell River Airport Runway Extension Phase 1, $1 million: cap landfill to allow for runway expansion to support deliveries and passenger flights.
Salt Spring Island:
- Salt Spring Abattoir Society, Salt Spring Abattoir Expansion, $222,525: expansion to increase processing capacity to support famers and meet demand for local meat.
- Tlowitsis Nation, Redevelopment of the Naka Creek Campsite, $352,583: convert campsite to fee-for-service and upgrade facilities.
- Klahoose First Nation, Klahoose First Nation Marine Access Revitalization, $361,590: improve facilities, including dock extension, fish cleaning station, covered gathering area, boat ramp and parking.