District of Houston - Evacuation Alert
Issued: May 27, 2011 @ 7:30PM
An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the District of Houston at the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) effective May 27, 2011 at 19:30 hrs for the following areas:
- All properties from Sullivan Motors to Avalon Subdivision and from bottom of Mountainview Hill to the Bulkley River; specifically:
1. All North Side Area residences
2. Houston Industrial Site
3. East Valley Area:
a. East Valley Road from #3614 to #3811
b. Avalon Avenue
c. Dominion Avenue
4. Downtown Area:
a. All areas from Copeland Ave to Butler Ave; from 9th St to 17th St
b. 11th St from Copeland to Avalon Ave
c. 15th St from Poulton to end
d. Cataline Court
e. Butler Place
f. Ambassador Mobile Home Park
g. Houston Mobile Home Park
5. Riverbank Drive Area:
a. Duke Ave
b. Winter Ave
c. Riverbank Drive
d. Poplar St from #3740 to #3865
e. Harvie Rd
f. Haftner Rd
6. Health Centre & Library Area:
a. 13th St W
b. 14th St W
c. 15th St W
d. Law Ave
e. Tweedie Ave
7. Hamblin Frontage Rd Area:
a. Nadina Avenue
b. Kanata Ave
c. Caledonia Ave
d. Hamblin Frontage Rd
8. Highway 16 from Sullivan Motors to East overpass
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary.
Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHILE THIS ALERT IS IN EFFECT
Be prepared for the evacuation order by:
- Locating all family members or co-workers and plan to meet at the Reception Centre outside the evacuation area, should an evacuation be called while separated.
- Gathering essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insurance), immediate care needs for dependents and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc). Have these items readily available for quick departure.
- Preparing to move any disabled persons and/or children.
- Moving pets and livestock to a safe area.
- Arranging to transport your household members or co-workers in the event of an evacuation order. If you need transportation assistance from the area please call (250) 845-2238
- Arranging accommodation for your family if possible. In the event of an evacuation, a Reception Centre will be opened if required. Monitor your local radio station and the District of Houston website www.houston.ca for information on this evacuation order.
For more information contact: District of Houston (houston.ca) at (250) 845-2238.
In response to this Evacuation Alert issued May 27 at 19h30 by the Emergency Operations Centre in Houston, the Province of British Columbia issued this information bulletin May 28 @ 10h00.