For five years now, British Columbia has proclaimed October as small business month.
Did you know that small business accounts for 57 per cent of all private sector employment in the province? That's the second-highest rate in Canada.
And, in 2010, small businesses in British Columbia created 13,700 new jobs in this province.
Here are some useful links:
- Small Business BC website (smallbusinessbc.ca) [great articles, training and seminar info, contacts]
- Small Business BC calendar of events for October (smallbusinessbc.ca) [updated frequently]
- Small Business BC on Facebook (facebook.com) [join the conversation]
- British Columbia: Small Business Profile - Highlights [English PDF]
- British Columbia: Small Business Profile 2011 [English PDF]
- C.B.: Profile de la petite entreprise 2011 [français PDF]
- Small Business Roundtable - 6th annual report to Government (smallbusinessroundtable.ca) [October 2011]
- Small Business Roundtable - photo (flickr.com) [Government receives report from vice-chair]
- Small Business Roundtable - Success Stories (smallbusinessroundtable.ca) [October 2011]
- Small Business Month will focus on job creation [op ed]
- Going Global. Small Business in British Columbia [blog post]
- Small Business Month hashtag is #SBM11