VICTORIA - As part of National Volunteer Week, Minister Suzanne Anton presented the 2015 Public Safety Lifeline Volunteer Awards at the legislature.
Six of the recipients were on hand to accept their awards.
- Louis Dery ( NE -Prince George) - PEP Air
- Moira Clark (NE - Taylor) - Emergency Social Services
- John C. Howe ( SW-Squamish) - Search and Rescue
- Neil Townsend ( VIR -Victoria) - Radio Communications
- Dave Laramee (SE - Castlegar) - Road Rescue
- Cindy Heslop (VIR - View Royal) - Lifetime Achievement
There are 10,000 Public Safety Lifeline Volunteers in BC helping those who are faced with adversity.
Public safety lifeline volunteers demonstrate a selfless commitment to the safety of B.C. families and communities with tireless dedication and passion for helping others during emergencies.
To view photo's of the event visit: https://flic.kr/p/s6diXh