The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure is rehabilitating highways and bridges on Vancouver Island, and is building new infrastructure where it is needed.
The B.C. government will continue to invest in transportation infrastructure for the safe, reliable and efficient movement of people and goods.
On Vancouver Island, a number of highway infrastructure upgrade projects are underway, or soon to be underway, in 2018.
Highlighted projects include:
- Highway 1 McKenzie Interchange ($85 million)
- Highway 1 Malahat four-laning, median barrier and access upgrade ($34 million)
- Highway 14 corridor improvements ($10 million)
- Highway 19 bridge repairs and seismic upgrade in Campbell River ($2.9 million)
- Highway 19 resurfacing near Courtenay ($2.7 million)
- Highway 19A resurfacing in Nanaimo ($4.4 million)
- Highway 4 safety improvements at Kennedy Lake ($38.1 million)
- Highway 1 Koksilah River bridge seismic retrofit ($2.2 million)