There is still time to nominate an outstanding early childhood educator, or child care provider, for the 2018 Child Care Awards of Excellence.
If you know someone who goes above and beyond to help young children achieve their best, you can nominate them for one of this year’s awards. Nominations are open until midnight on Sunday, July 29, 2018, and are being accepted in the following categories:
Provincial: Recognizes early care and learning (ECL) professionals or teams who work in child care settings throughout the province, and demonstrate excellence in at least one of the following areas:
- Working collaboratively with others;
- Creating cultural safety through culturally competent practice, and inclusion of Indigenous languages, cultures and traditions;
- Ensuring inclusion/encouraging diversity;
- Supporting community efforts; and/or
- Continuous improvement/excellence in early learning.
Indigenous: The Lenora Pritchard Award of Excellence recognizes an Indigenous ECL professional who is an excellent role model and mentor, or who works to promote leadership in an ECL setting.
Innovation: Recognizes an ECL professional, team or organization that puts unique and creative ideas into action.
Partnerships: Recognizes a local government or business that demonstrates excellence in partnering with the ECL sector to ensure the support and/or delivery of services, ensuring inclusion and encouraging diversity, supporting community efforts, and continuous improvement.
Leadership: Four awards will honour ECL professionals under the following categories:
- General Leadership – professionals who have shown leadership in the field, their communities, with families, or with serving underserved or vulnerable communities;
- Emerging Leader – professionals with a maximum of three years of experience in the field;
- Lifetime Achievement – professionals who have been leaders in the field for more than 20 years; and
- Inclusive Practices – ECL professionals who have shown excellence and leadership in providing inclusive practices with children and families.
B.C. child care providers in good standing, who have been in the business for 40 or more years, will each receive a legacy award.
Nominations must be post-marked no later than midnight on Sunday, July 29, 2018. Winners will be announced at a ceremony in September 2018.
For more information on nominations for the 2018 B.C. Child Care Awards of Excellence, visit:
Completed nomination packages can be emailed to: EarlyYears@gov.bc.ca
Or mailed to:
Child Care Awards of Excellence
Ministry of Children and Family Development
Policy and Provincial Services
PO Box 9778 Stn Prov Govt
Victoria, B.C. V8W 9S5