In total, 1,186 provincial permits are required for the Trans Mountain expansion project, with many involving First Nations consultation.
- 748 permit applications have been submitted to permitting agencies.
- Of these, 212 have been approved and permits issued.
- The remaining 536 submitted permit applications are being reviewed.
- Another 438 permits have yet to be submitted by Kinder Morgan Canada Ltd.
All permits submitted must align with the 37 conditions outlined in the provincial environmental certificate, as well as the 157 conditions detailed in the National Energy Board’s approval.
Multiple organizations are involved, including:
- Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
- Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy (including BC Parks)
- Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
- Agricultural Land Commission
- BC Oil and Gas Commission
The Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources has a dedicated project office supporting these ministries and their permitting requirements.
Suntanu DalalMedia Relations
Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum