Area restriction orders are in effect for both the Goldstream River wildfire (N42293) and the Blacktail Mountain wildfire (N51329) in the Southeast Fire Centre.
The BC Wildfire Service has implemented these area restrictions to protect public safety and avoid any interference with fire control activities. These area restriction orders apply to all Crown land outlined on each of the detailed maps indicated below. They will remain in place until Sept. 15, 2018, or until they are rescinded.
- The Goldstream River wildfire is about 70 kilometres northwest of Revelstoke and about 5.5 kilometres east of Highway 23. This area restriction applies to the entire Groundhog Basin, immediately north of the French Forest Service Road and extending north to Old Camp Creek. A detailed map of this closure is available online at: http://ow.ly/TmF630lmTCJ
- The Blacktail Mountain wildfire is in Kokanee Glacier Park, about eight kilometres southeast of Silverton. This area restriction applies to the entire Silverton Creek drainage, including Idaho Peak. A detailed map of this closure is available online at: http://ow.ly/iljR30lmTCb
Under these orders and Section 11(2) of the Wildfire Act, a person must not remain in or enter these restricted areas, unless the person first receives written authorization of an official designated for the purposes of the Wildfire Act, or enters the area only in the course of:
- travelling to or from his or her residence, that is not under an evacuation order;
- using a highway as defined in the Transportation Act;
- travelling as a person acting in an official capacity as defined in Section 56 of the Wildfire Act; or
- travelling for the purpose of supporting wildfire suppression or enforcement patrol activities.
Report a wildfire or open burning violation by calling 1 800 663-5555 toll-free or *5555 on a cellphone. For the latest information on current wildfire activity, burning restrictions, road closures and air quality advisories, go to: http://www.bcwildfire.ca
You can also follow the latest wildfire news: