The COVID-19 situation in British Columbia is continually evolving and the information below is current as of noon on Saturday, March 28, 2020.
- Total confirmed cases in B.C.: 884
- New cases since March 27, 2020: 92
- Hospitalized cases: 81
- Intensive care: 52
- COVID-19 related deaths: 17
- Recovered: 396
Confirmed cases by region:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 444
- Fraser Health: 291
- Island Health: 60
- Interior Health: 77
- Northern Health: 12
New provincial advice and measures:
- Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, has made an order on farmers markets. All episodic vending markets (also known as “farmers’ markets” or “community markets”) must only allow vendors to serve food to be sold at these events. Vendors of all other merchandise are prohibited at these events.
- Critical care and acute care hospitalization modelling information from Henry and deputy health minister, Stephen Brown: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/COVID19_Technical_Briefing_Condensed.pdf
New travel/federal measures:
- NEW: Government of Canada announced new domestic transportation measures: https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2020/03/government-of-canada-announces-new-domestic-transportation-measures.html
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announces support for small businesses facing impacts of COVID‑19: https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/news-releases/2020/03/27/prime-minister-announces-support-small-businesses-facing-impacts
Media availability schedule:
Upcoming scheduled media availability with Adrian Dix, Minister of Health, and Henry will be held:
Monday, March 30, 2020 – 1:30 p.m., Victoria
Tuesday, March 31, 2020 – 3 p.m., Victoria
Wednesday, April 1, 2020 – 3 p.m., Victoria
Thursday, April 2, 2020 – 3 p.m., Victoria
Friday, April 3, 2020 – 3 p.m., Victoria
- For provincial support and COVID-19 information, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/covid
- For seniors looking for additional support at this time, call 211 or visit http://www.bc211.ca/
- A list of orders and letters issued by the provincial health officer is available here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
- For information for First Nations and Indigenous peoples in B.C., visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/governments/indigenous-people/covid19-information-for-first-nations-and-indigenous-peoples-in-bc
- Help flatten the curve by checking symptoms online or downloading the app: https://covid19.thrive.health/
- If you or a family member have symptoms or need medical advice, call 811.
- Latest COVID-19 updates and statements: https://news.gov.bc.ca/Search?q=COVID-19
- 34,561 individuals tested, as of March 25, 2020.
- Testing capacity in British Columbia has increased to approximately 3,500 tests per day.
- Across Canada, there are more than 10,000 tests per day.
- If symptoms appear, call your health-care provider, call 811 for guidance or check your symptoms online: https://covid19.thrive.health
For up-to-date non-medical information, including the latest travel restrictions and provincial and federal programs, call 1 888 COVID-19 or visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support
For recommendations on protecting yourself and your community, including for employers and businesses, visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel)
For common questions about COVID-19 and terminology, visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/common-questions
For the COVID-19 pandemic preparedness and planning materials, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/pandemic-influenza
For more information and latest updates on the #COVID19 pandemic, follow the BCCDC on Twitter: @CDCofBC or visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/