The COVID-19 situation in British Columbia is continually evolving, and the information below is current as of 1:30 p.m. on Monday, April 13, 2020.
- Total confirmed cases in B.C.: 1,490
- New cases since April 11, 2020: 45
- Hospitalized cases: 137
- Intensive care: 58
- COVID-19 related deaths: 69
- Recovered: 926
- Long-term care and assisted-living homes currently affected: 20
Confirmed cases by region:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 650
- Fraser Health: 591
- Island Health: 87
- Interior Health: 136
- Northern Health: 26
New provincial advice and measures:
- Joint statement from Adrian Dix, Minister of Health, and Dr. Bonnie Henry, provincial health officer:
New federal measures:
- NEW: Keeping Canadians and workers in the food supply chain safe:
Media availability schedule:
Upcoming scheduled media availability with Dix and Henry:
Tuesday, April 14 – 3 p.m., Victoria
- For provincial support and COVID-19 information: www.gov.bc.ca/covid
- For seniors looking for additional support at this time, call 211 or visit: http://www.bc211.ca/
- For information for Indigenous peoples in B.C., visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/governments/indigenous-people/covid19
- If you or a family member need additional medical advice, call 811.
- 53,505 individuals have been tested as of April 9, 2020.
- If symptoms appear, check your symptoms online: https://covid19.thrive.health
- If needed, call your health-care provider or 811 for further guidance.
For the latest videos and livestreaming of COVID-19 media availabilities:
on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BCProvincialGovernment/
on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ProvinceofBC
on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BCGovNews
For the latest medical updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and testing, visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For the provincial health officer's orders, notices and guidance, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/phoguidance
For non-health related information, including financial, child care and education supports, travel, transportation and essential service information, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/Covid-19
Or call 1 888 COVID19 (1 888 268-4319) between 7:30 a.m. and 8 p.m., seven days a week.
For recommendations on protecting yourself and your community, including for employers and businesses, visit:
For common questions about COVID-19 and terminology, visit: