As of Friday, July 9, 2021, 78.6% (3,643,110) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 41.3% (1,915,919) have received their second dose.
In addition, 79.7% (3,448,642) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 44.2% (1,913,047) have received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 45 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 148,031 cases in the province. This includes a data correction from yesterday, as well as reconciliation of records for cases followed up by the Federal Quarantine Program between March and April 2021.
There are currently 661 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 145,594 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 73 individuals are currently in hospital and 19 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- eight new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 170
- 14 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 248
- 19 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 181
- no new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 30
- four new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 21
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: 11
In the last 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,760.
Currently, there are three active outbreaks in:
- acute care: Laurel Place at Surrey Memorial Hospital, Eagle Ridge Hospital (Fraser Health) and Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health)
- long-term care: none
- assisted or independent living: none
Since December 2020, the province has administered 5,565,983 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data or: www.bccdc.ca
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: www2.gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated.html or https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/dose-2
To learn about BC’s Restart plan, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restart
For recent modelling, visit: http://news.gov.bc.ca/files/6-28_PHO_presentation.pdf
For information on breakthrough cases, please see the BCCDC weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/ or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
- BCCDC: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
- Interior Health: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/public-exposures/
- Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/covid-19/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures