As of Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 80.9% (3,747,391) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 63.2% (2,931,128) have received their second dose.
In addition, 81.8% (3,538,565) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 66.1% (2,857,809) have received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 185 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 149,444 cases in the province.
There are 909 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 146,756 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 47 individuals are in hospital and 20 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 35 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 208
- 26 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 136
- 113 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 503
- two new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 16
- eight new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 41
- one new case of a person who resides outside of Canada
- Total active cases: five
In the last 24 hours, three new deaths (Vancouver Coastal Health) have been reported, for an overall total of 1,771.
There are two active outbreaks in:
- long-term care: Holyrood Manor (Fraser Health) and Nelson Jubilee Manor (Interior Health)
- acute care: none
- assisted or independent living: none
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 6,685,982 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
For new health measures in the Central Okanagan, visit: http://news.gov.bc.ca/files/7-28_Interior_Health.pdf
People throughout B.C. can find their nearest Vax for BC event online by visiting: www.gov.bc.ca/VaxForBC
For information on breakthrough cases, visit: http://news.gov.bc.ca/files/7-27_breakthrough_cases.pdf
Or see the BC Centre for Disease Control's (BCCDC) weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated.html
To learn about BC’s Restart plan, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restart
For recent modelling, visit: http://news.gov.bc.ca/files/6-28_PHO_presentation.pdf
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit:
For guidance on restrictions, visit:
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
- BCCDC: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
- Interior Health: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/public-exposures/
- Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/covid-19/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures