As of Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2021, 84.5% (3,915,153) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 76.7% (3,556,961) received their second dose.
In addition, 85.1% (3,682,078) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 77.7% (3,362,840) received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 785 new cases of COVID-19, including five epi-linked cases, for a total of 166,853 cases in the province.
Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.
The new/active cases include:
- 246 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 1,504
- 110 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 1,042
- 266 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 2,299
- 94 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 483
- 69 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 538
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: seven
In the past 24 hours, two new deaths have been reported in the Vancouver Coastal Health and Island Health regions, for an overall total of 1,818.
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Arbutus Care Centre (Vancouver Coastal Health). The outbreak at Kootenay Street Village (Interior Health) has been declared over, for a total of 19 active outbreaks, including:
- long-term care: Heritage Village (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, Brock Fahrni (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Nelson Jubilee Manor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village (Interior Health) and Sunset Lodge (Island Health)
- acute care: Peace Arch Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health) and Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health)
- assisted or independent living: Nicola Meadows, Hawthorn Park, David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village, Hardy View Lodge and Rose Woods Village (Interior Health)
From Aug. 24-30, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 80% of cases and from Aug. 17-30 they accounted for 83.4% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Aug. 24-30) – Total 4,783
- Not vaccinated: 3,325 (69.5%)
- Partially vaccinated: 503 (10.5%)
- Fully vaccinated: 955 (20.0%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Aug. 17-30) – Total 253
- Not vaccinated: 190 (75.1%)
- Partially vaccinated: 21 (8.3%)
- Fully vaccinated: 42 (16.6%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population (Aug. 24-30)
- Not vaccinated: 215.2
- Partially vaccinated: 134.8
- Fully vaccinated: 29.4
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population (Aug. 17-30)
- Not vaccinated: 12.2
- Partially vaccinated: 5.1
- Fully vaccinated: 1.3
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,479,315 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
For the Aug. 31, 2021, modelling presentation, visit: http://news.gov.bc.ca/files/8-31_PHO_modelling.pdf
For the provincial health officer’s order on masks in public indoor settings, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25217
For the Aug. 23, 2021, announcement on proof of vaccination in B.C., visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25211
For the Aug. 12, 2021, announcement on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for long-term care workers, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25143
For new health measures in the central Okanagan, visit:
For information on breakthrough cases, visit: http://news.gov.bc.ca/files/7-27_breakthrough_cases.pdf
Or see the BC Centre for Disease Control’s (BCCDC) weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register
To learn about BC’s Restart plan, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restart
For recent modelling, visit: http://news.gov.bc.ca/files/6-28_PHO_presentation.pdf
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit:
For guidance on restrictions, visit:
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
- BCCDC: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
- Interior Health: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/public-exposures/
- Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/covid-19/data-outbreaks-facilities
- Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures