As of Tuesday, Oct. 26, 2021, 89.6% (4,155,181) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 84.5% (3,918,385) have received their second dose.
In addition, 90.1% (3,896,273) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 85.2% (3,683,380) have received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 457 new cases of COVID-19, including 12 epi-linked cases, for a total of 202,973 cases in the province.
There are 4,829 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 195,646 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 390 individuals are in hospital and 155 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.
The new/active cases include:
- 176 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 2,002
- 61 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 670
- 83 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 642
- 82 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 877
- 55 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 579
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: 59
In the past 24 hours, two new deaths have been reported in the Fraser Health and Northern Health regions, for an overall total of 2,131.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. The outbreak at Evergreen Manor (Fraser Health) has been declared over, for a total of 28 active outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum, Queens Park Care Centre, Heritage Village, Valleyhaven Retirement Community (Fraser Health);
- Amica Lions Gate, Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
- Cottonwoods Care Centre, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre, Deni House (Interior Health); and
- Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).
- acute care:
- Mission Memorial Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health);
- University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital and Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health).
- assisted or independent living:
- Sunset Manor, Menno Terrace West, The Emerald at Elim Village, Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe and Norman Manor (Fraser Health).
From Oct. 18-24, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 64.1% of cases.
From Oct. 11-24, they accounted for 76.2% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Oct. 18-24) – Total 4,181
- Not vaccinated: 2,377 (56.9%)
- Partially vaccinated: 300 (7.2%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,504 (36.0%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Oct. 11-24) – Total 362
- Not vaccinated: 252 (69.6%)
- Partially vaccinated: 24 (6.6%)
- Fully vaccinated: 86 (23.8%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 18-24)
- Not vaccinated: 288.8
- Partially vaccinated: 95.1
- Fully vaccinated: 35.2
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 11-24)
- Not vaccinated: 44.9
- Partially vaccinated: 10.9
- Fully vaccinated: 1.9
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,171,136 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
For the Oct. 26, 2021, announcement on COVID-19 booster shots for all British Columbians, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25604
For regional restrictions in the Northern Health region, visit:
For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register#immunocompromised
As they become available, information on school outbreaks will be posted online: www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
For surgical renewal commitment progress reports, visit:
To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
For the Aug. 12, 2021, announcement on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for long-term care workers, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25143
For information on breakthrough cases, see the BCCDC weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data or: www.bccdc.ca
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register or: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/dose-2
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit:
For guidance on restrictions, visit:
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
- BCCDC: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
- Interior Health: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/public-exposures/
- Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/covid-19/data-outbreaks-facilities
- Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures