As of Friday, Oct. 29, 2021, 89.8% (4,163,572) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 85.0% (3,940,563) have received their second dose.
In addition, 90.3% (3,903,864) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 85.6% (3,703,431) have received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 584 new cases of COVID-19, including 10 epi-linked cases, for a total of 204,914 cases in the province.
There are 4,982 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 197,396 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 436 individuals are in hospital and 156 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 232 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 2,115
- 81 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 704
- 85 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 684
- 104 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 817
- 82 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 603
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: 59
In the past 24 hours, nine new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,156.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: three
- Vancouver Coastal Health: two
- Northern Health: two
- Island Health: two
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks, for a total of 33 active outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum, Queens Park Care Centre, Heritage Village, Valleyhaven Retirement Community, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, Tabor Home (Fraser Health);
- Amica Lions Gate, Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
- Cottonwoods Care Centre, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre, Deni House (Interior Health); and
- Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).
- acute care:
- Mission Memorial Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital, Queen’s Park Care Centre (Fraser Health);
- University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital and Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health).
- assisted or independent living:
- Menno Terrace West, The Emerald at Elim Village, Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe, Norman Manor, Pacific Carlton Seniors Community, Rideau Retirement Residence and Tabor Manor (Fraser Health).
There has been one new outbreak at Vancouver Island Regional Correctional Centre (Island Health).
From Oct. 21-27, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 65.1% of cases.
From Oct. 14-27, they accounted for 73.8% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Oct. 21-27) – Total 4,098
- Not vaccinated: 2,418 (59.0%)
- Partially vaccinated: 252 (6.1%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,428 (34.8%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Oct. 14-27) – Total 469
- Not vaccinated: 317 (67.6%)
- Partially vaccinated: 29 (6.2%)
- Fully vaccinated: 123 (26.2%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 21-27)
- Not vaccinated: 296.9
- Partially vaccinated: 84.5
- Fully vaccinated: 33.2
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 14-27)
- Not vaccinated: 58.6
- Partially vaccinated: 12.7
- Fully vaccinated: 2.7
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,218,844 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
For the Oct. 26, 2021, announcement on COVID-19 booster shots for all British Columbians, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25604
For information on booster doses, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster
For regional restrictions in the Northern Health region, visit: https://www.northernhealth.ca/sites/northern_health/files/health-information/health-topics/orders/documents/nh-gatherings-events-orders-oct-2021.pdf
For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register#immunocompromised
As they become available, information on school outbreaks will be posted online: www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
For surgical renewal commitment progress reports, visit:
To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
For the Aug. 12, 2021, announcement on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for long-term care
workers, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25143
For information on breakthrough cases, see the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register or https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/dose-2
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
- BCCDC: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
- Interior Health: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/public-exposures/
- Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/covid-19/data-outbreaks-facilities
- Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures