As of Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2021, 84.8% (4,228,684) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 81.7% (4,072,923) have received their second dose.
In addition, 91.2% (4,225,895) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 87.9% (4,072,902) received their second dose, and 9% (434,790) have received a third dose.
Also, 91.6% (3,960,344) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 88.4% (3,823,351) received their second dose, and 10% (434,146) have received a third dose.
Today’s case counts are provisional and may be updated.
B.C. is reporting 375 new cases of COVID-19, including no epi-linked cases, for a total of 218,801 cases in the province.
There are 2,936 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 213,394 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 301 individuals are in hospital and 98 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 98 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 994
- 70 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 476
- 69 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 537
- 62 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 360
- 76 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 569
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: zero
In the past 24 hours, seven new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,340.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: three
- Island Health: three
- Vancouver Coastal Health: one
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks for a total of five facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- George Derby Centre (Fraser Health); and
- Peace Villa (Northern Health)
- acute care:
- Ridge Meadows Hospital (Fraser Health); and
- St. Paul's Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health)
- assisted or independent living:
- Laurier Manor (Northern Health)
From Nov. 23-29, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 58.2% of cases.
From Nov. 16-29, they accounted for 68.1% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Nov. 23-29) – Total 2,414
- Not vaccinated: 1,310 (54.3%)
- Partially vaccinated: 95 (3.9%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,009 (41.8%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Nov. 16-29) – Total 267
- Not vaccinated: 171 (64.0%)
- Partially vaccinated: 11 (4.1%)
- Fully vaccinated: 85 (31.8%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 23-29)
- Not vaccinated: 180.6
- Partially vaccinated: 43.6
- Fully vaccinated: 22.6
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 16-29)
- Not vaccinated: 36.4
- Partially vaccinated: 7.4
- Fully vaccinated: 1.9
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,709,802 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
For the Nov. 23, 2021, announcement on COVID-19 pediatric vaccine for children, ages 5-11, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0209-002245
To learn more about COVID-19 vaccines for children, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/children
For the joint statement on Health Canada approval of COVID-19 pediatric vaccine, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0204-002205
For the Oct. 26, 2021, announcement on COVID-19 booster shots for all British Columbians, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25604
For information on booster doses, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster
For regional restrictions in the Northern Health region, visit:
For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register#immunocompromised
As they become available, information on school outbreaks will be posted online: www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
For surgical renewal commitment progress reports, visit:
To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
For the Aug. 12, 2021, announcement on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for long-term care workers, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25143
For information on breakthrough cases, see the BCCDC weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data or: www.bccdc.ca
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit:
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register or https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/dose-2
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit:
For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/ or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
- BCCDC: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
- Interior Health: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/public-exposures/
- Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/covid-19/data-outbreaks-facilities
- Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures