As of Friday, Jan. 14, 2022, 89.0% (4,436,446) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.3% (4,152,386) have received their second dose.
In addition, 92.3% (4,278,594) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.6% (4,151,964) have received their second dose and 30.5% (1,412,008) have received a third dose.
Also, 92.7% (4,008,308) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.0% (3,894,687) received their second dose and 32.6% (1,410,852) have received a third dose.
B.C. is reporting 2,275 new cases of COVID-19, including five epi-linked cases, for a total of 293,521 cases in the province.
There are 35,943 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 251,846 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 646 COVID-positive individuals are in hospital and 95 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
Note that the source of “Currently in Hospital” figures has been changed to bed census data starting today, as per this morning’s news conference. Currently in Hospital figures are reported by the hospital in which the patient is hospitalized, rather than the patient’s residence. There are 18 patients in Provincial Health Services Authority who are included in total hospitalizations.
The new/active cases include:
- 813 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 17,256
- 523 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 9,397
- 412 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 4,916
- 227 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 1,346
- 297 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 3,016
- three new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: 12
In the past 24 hours, six new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,468.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: three
- Interior Health: two
- Island Health: one
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Royal Jubilee Hospital (Island Health). The outbreaks at Czorny Alzheimer Centre, Fort Langley Seniors Community, The Residence in Mission, Dania Home, White Rock Seniors Village (Fraser Health), Fraserview Retirement Community, Lakeview Care Centre and Crofton Manor (Vancouver Coastal Health) have been declared over, for a total of 46 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- The Oxford Senior Care Home, AgeCare Harmony Court, New Vista Care Centre, Chartwell Langley Gardens, Chartwell Carlton Gardens, Chartwell Crescent Gardens, George Derby Centre, CareLife Fleetwood, Evergreen Baptist Care Society, Hilton Villa Seniors Community, Kinsmen Lodge, Kiwanis Care Centre, Peace Arch Hospital Foundation Lodge, Morgan Place, Maple Ridge Seniors Village, Amica White Rock, Glenwood Seniors Community (Fraser Health);
- Kopernik Lodge, St. Vincent’s Langara, German Canadian Benevolent Society Home (Vancouver Coastal Health);
- Mount Cartier Court, Sun Pointe Village, Lakeview Lodge, Hamlets in Vernon, Brocklehurst Gemstone (Interior Health);
- Amica Douglas House, Eden Gardens, Glenwarren Lodge, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Selkirk Seniors Village, Clover Point Care, Saanich Peninsula Hospital - long-term care, Oyster Harbour, Dufferin Place and Beacon Hill Villa (Island Health)
- acute care:
- Surrey Memorial Hospital, Eagle Ridge Hospital, Royal Columbian Hospital, Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Langley Memorial Hospital, Laurel Place, Burnaby Hospital, Peace Arch Hospital (Fraser Health);
- Kelowna General Hospital (Interior Health); and
- Royal Jubilee Hospital (Island Health)
- assisted or independent living:
- The Waverly Seniors Village (Fraser Health)
From Jan. 6-12, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 21.5% of cases.
From Dec. 30 to Jan. 12, they accounted for 34.2% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Jan. 6-12) - Total 17,304
- Not vaccinated: 3,105 (17.9%)
- Partially vaccinated: 630 (3.6%)
- Fully vaccinated: 13,569 (78.5%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Dec. 30 to Jan. 12) - Total 750
- Not vaccinated: 221 (29.5%)
- Partially vaccinated: 35 (4.7%)
- Fully vaccinated: 494 (65.8%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 6-12)
- Not vaccinated: 453.5
- Partially vaccinated: 197.7
- Fully vaccinated: 396.9
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Dec. 30 to Jan. 12)
- Not vaccinated: 53.8
- Partially vaccinated: 26.9
- Fully vaccinated: 10.6
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 9,962,096 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
For the Jan. 14, 2022, modelling presentation, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/14.01.22_Covid19Modelling.pdf
For the weekly update on variants of concern, visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/Health-Info-Site/Documents/VoC/VoC_Weekly_20220107.pdf
For information on booster doses, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster
For the Dec. 21, 2021, announcement on additional COVID-19 measures, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0234-002431
For the Dec. 21, 2021, PowerPoint presentation on COVID-19 updated measures, boosters and rapid antigen testing in B.C., visit:
For the Dec. 17, 2021, announcement on new COVID-19 measures, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0230-002414
For the Nov. 23, 2021, announcement on COVID-19 pediatric vaccine for children 5-11, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0209-002245
To learn more about COVID-19 vaccines for children: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/children
For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit:
As they become available, information on school outbreaks will be posted online: www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
For surgical renewal commitment progress reports, visit:
To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
For the Aug. 12, 2021, announcement on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for long-term care workers, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25143
For information on breakthrough cases, see the BCCDC weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register or https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/dose-2
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/ or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
- BCCDC: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
- Interior Health: https://www.interiorhealth.ca/health-and-wellness/disease-outbreaks/covid-19/public-exposures
- Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/covid-19/data-outbreaks-facilities
- Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures