As of Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2022, 89.7% (4,468,955) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.6% (4,168,816) have received their second dose.
In addition, 92.6% (4,292,190) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.9% (4,167,373) received their second dose and 42.2% (1,954,292) have received a third dose.
Also, 93.0% (4,020,604) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.4% (3,908,772) received their second dose and 45.1% (1,952,678) have received a third dose.
B.C. is reporting 2,086 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 316,873 cases in the province.
Note: The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.
There are 30,058 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 282,189 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 949 COVID-positive individuals are in hospital and 136 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 780 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 12,776
- 464 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 6,873
- 455 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 7,434
- 168 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 1,186
- 219 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 1,781
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: eight
In the past 24 hours, 21 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,575.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: 10
- Vancouver Coastal Health: six
- Island Health: five
There have been five new health-care facility outbreaks at Cascade Lodge, Mountain View Manor, Queen's Park Care Centre, Royal City Manor (Fraser Health) and Victoria General Hospital (Island Health). The outbreaks at MSA Manor, Evergreen Baptist Care Society, New Vista Care Centre (Fraser Health), Brocklehurst Gemstone (Interior Health), Sidney All Care, Luther Court and Sidney Care Home (Island Health) have been declared over, for a total of 61 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- George Derby Centre, Hilton Villa Seniors Community, Mayfair Senior Living + Care, Menno Hospital, Buchanan Lodge, St. Michael’s Centre, Eden Care Centre, Lakeshore Care Centre, Baillie House, Bevan Lodge, Cascade Lodge, Mountain View Manor, Queen's Park Care Centre, Royal City Manor (Fraser Health);
- Evergreen House, Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health);
- Sun Pointe Village, Lakeview Lodge, Hamlets in Vernon, Heritage Square, Village at Smith Creek, Westview Place, Pinegrove Care Centre, Mariposa Gardens, Joseph Creek Care Village, Hamlets at Penticton, Mount Ida Mews (Interior Health);
- Amica Douglas House, Eden Gardens, Glenwarren Lodge, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Saanich Peninsula Hospital - Long Term Care, Oyster Harbour, Dufferin Place, Beacon Hill Villa, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, James Bay Care Centre, Veterans Memorial Lodge, Sunset Lodge, Eagle Ridge Manor, Sunrise of Victoria, Comox Valley Seniors Village, Fir Park Village, The Summit, Parkwood Court, Echo Village, Mount St. Mary Hospital, Arrowsmith Lodge and Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health)
- acute care:
- Surrey Memorial Hospital, Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Langley Memorial Hospital, Laurel Place, Burnaby Hospital, Peace Arch Hospital, CareLife Fleetwood, Queen's Park Care Centre (Fraser Health);
- Kelowna General Hospital (Interior Health);
- Royal Jubilee Hospital and Victoria General Hospital (Island Health)
- assisted or independent living:
- Crestview Village (Interior Health)
From Jan. 18-24, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 28.2% of cases. From Jan. 11-24, they accounted for 29.9% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Jan. 18-24) - Total 13,400
- Not vaccinated: 2,996 (22.4%)
- Partially vaccinated: 778 (5.8%)
- Fully vaccinated: 9,626 (71.8%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Jan. 11-24) - Total 1,328
- Not vaccinated: 334 (25.2%)
- Partially vaccinated: 63 (4.7%)
- Fully vaccinated: 931 (70.1%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 18-24)
- Not vaccinated: 410.5
- Partially vaccinated: 201.6
- Fully vaccinated: 233.9
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 11-24)
- Not vaccinated: 85.2
- Partially vaccinated: 51.4
- Fully vaccinated: 20.0
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 10,551,666 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
For the Jan. 21, 2022, presentation on COVID-19 hospitalization risk, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/1.21.22_COVID_Hospitalizations.pdf
For the Jan. 14, 2022, modelling presentation, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/14.01.22_Covid19Modelling.pdf
For weekly update on Variants of Concern (VOC), visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/Health-Info-Site/Documents/VoC/VoC_Weekly_20220121.pdf
For information on booster doses, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster
For the Dec. 21, 2021, announcement on additional COVID-19 measures, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0234-002431
For the Dec. 21, 2021, PowerPoint presentation on COVID-19 updated measures, boosters and rapid antigen testing in B.C., visit:
For the Dec. 17, 2021, announcement on new COVID-19 measures, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0230-002414
For the Nov. 23, 2021, announcement on COVID-19 pediatric vaccine for children aged 5-11, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0209-002245
To learn more about COVID-19 vaccines for children: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/children
For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register#immunocompromised
As they become available, information on school outbreaks will be posted online: www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
For surgical renewal commitment progress reports, visit:
To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
For the Aug. 12, 2021, announcement on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for long-term care workers, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25143
For information on breakthrough cases, see the BCCDC weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register or https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/dose-2
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/ or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
- BCCDC: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
- Interior Health: https://www.interiorhealth.ca/health-and-wellness/disease-outbreaks/covid-19/public-exposures
- Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/covid-19/data-outbreaks-facilities
- Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures