As of Thursday, Feb. 3, 2022, 90.0% (4,485,371) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 84.2% (4,195,459) have received their second dose.
In addition, 92.8% (4,301,301) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.1% (4,178,226) received their second dose, and 47.6% (2,204,107) have received a third dose.
Also, 93.1% (4,028,907) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.6% (3,918,623) received their second dose, and 50.9% (2,201,995) have received a third dose.
B.C. is reporting 1,518 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 329,143 cases in the province.
There are 25,554 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 299,657 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 985 COVID-positive individuals are in hospital and 145 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 424 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 10,057
- 217 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 5,024
- 431 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 7,759
- 227 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 1,153
- 217 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 1,544
- two new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: 17
In the last 24 hours, 13 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,656.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: four
- Vancouver Coastal Health: four
- Interior Health: two
- Northern Health: one
- Island Health: two
There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks at Trinity Care Centre and Gillis House (Interior Health), for a total of 56 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- George Derby Centre, Cascade Lodge, Mountain View Manor, Queen's Park Care Centre, Royal City Manor, Residence at Clayton Heights (Fraser Health)
- Evergreen House, Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health)
- Lakeview Lodge, Heritage Square, Village at Smith Creek, Westview Place, Pinegrove Care Centre, Mariposa Gardens, Joseph Creek Care Village, Hamlets at Penticton, Mount Ida Mews, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Dr. Andrew Pavillion, Poplar Ridge, Monashee Mews, Noric House, McKinney Place, Glenmore Lodge, Trinity Care Centre, Gillis House (Interior Health)
- Eden Gardens, Glenwarren Lodge, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Saanich Peninsula Hospital – long-term care, Dufferin Place, Beacon Hill Villa, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, James Bay Care Centre, Sunset Lodge, Eagle Ridge Manor, Fir Park Village, The Summit, Echo Village, Arrowsmith Lodge, Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence, Woodgrove Manor, Amica on the Gorge, The Gardens at Qualicum Beach, Tsawaayuus Rainbow Gardens and Berwick on The Lake (Island Health)
- acute care:
- Langley Memorial Hospital, Laurel Place, Queen's Park Care Centre (Fraser Health)
- Victoria General Hospital, Nanaimo Regional General Hospital, Cowichan District Hospital (Island Health)
- Kelowna General Hospital (Interior Health)
- assisted or independent living:
- Crestview Village, Summerland Senior’s Village (Interior Health)
- Nanaimo Seniors Village (Island Health)
The outbreak at St. Ann's Catholic School (Northern Health) has been declared over.
From Jan. 26-Feb. 1, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 25.2% of cases.
From Jan. 19-Feb. 1, they accounted for 31.1% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Jan. 26-Feb. 1) - Total 10,751
- Not vaccinated: 2,188 (20.4%)
- Partially vaccinated: 517 (4.8%)
- Fully vaccinated: 8,046 (74.8%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Jan. 19-Feb. 1) - Total 1,304
- Not vaccinated: 340 (26.1%)
- Partially vaccinated: 65 (5.0%)
- Fully vaccinated: 899 (68.9%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 26-Feb. 1)
- Not vaccinated: 426.0
- Partially vaccinated: 169.1
- Fully vaccinated: 223.9
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 19-Feb. 1)
- Not vaccinated: 87.5
- Partially vaccinated: 53.4
- Fully vaccinated: 19.2
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 10,842,432 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
For updated long term care outbreak management protocols, visit:
For updated acute care outbreak management protocols, visit:
For the Feb. 1, 2022, presentation on COVID-19 hospitalizations: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/Feb_1_2022_Slidedeck.pdf
For information on when to get a COVID-19 test: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/testing/when-to-get-a-covid-19-test
For information on COVID-19 treatments including Paxlovid: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/about-covid-19/treatments
For the Jan. 28, 2022, presentation, Two Years of Working Together, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/1-28-22_COVID-19_Update.pdf
For the Jan. 21, 2022, presentation on COVID-19 hospitalization risk, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/1.21.22_COVID_Hospitalizations.pdf
For the Jan. 14, 2022, modelling presentation, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/14.01.22_Covid19Modelling.pdf
For weekly update on Variants of Concern (VOC), visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/Health-Info-Site/Documents/VoC/VoC_Weekly_20220128.pdf
For information on booster doses, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster
For the Nov. 23, 2021, announcement on COVID-19 pediatric vaccine for children aged 5-11, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0209-002245
To learn more about COVID-19 vaccines for children: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/children
For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register#immunocompromised
For surgical renewal commitment progress reports, visit:
To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
For information on breakthrough cases, see the BCCDC weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data or: www.bccdc.ca
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/ or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
- BCCDC: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
- Interior Health: https://www.interiorhealth.ca/health-and-wellness/disease-outbreaks/covid-19/public-exposures
- Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/covid-19/data-outbreaks-facilities
- Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures