As of Friday, Feb. 11, 2022, 90.3% (4,502,854) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 85% (4,234,749) have received their second dose.
In addition, 93.1% (4,314,049) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.4% (4,191,445) received their second dose, and 51.5% (2,386,210) have received a third dose.
Also, 93.4% (4,040,834) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.9% (3,930,793) received their second dose, and 54.3% (2,350,639) have received a third dose.
IMPORTANT NOTICE for Monday, Feb. 14: Due to a planned Provincial Health Services Authority network outage, daily COVID-19 reporting may be delayed until end of day on Monday, Feb. 14.
B.C. is reporting 1,245 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 338,792 cases in the province.
Note: The numbers of new and total cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh.
The new cases include:
- Fraser Health: 350
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 227
- Interior Health: 335
- Northern Health: 143
- Island Health: 190
- People who reside outside of Canada: none
There are 846 individuals hospitalized with COVID-19 and 136 are in intensive care.
In the past 24 hours, 17 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,747.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: nine
- Vancouver Coastal Health: two
- Interior Health: three
- Island Health: three
There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks at Wexford Creek – assisted living and Sidney Care Home (Island Health). The outbreaks at Nanaimo Seniors Village, Cowichan District Hospital, The Gardens at Qualicum Beach, Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence, Echo Village (Island Health), Monashee Mews (Interior Health), The Residence at Clayton Heights, Royal City Manor, and Mountain View Manor (Fraser Health) have been declared over, for a total of 46 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- George Derby Centre, Queen's Park Care Centre, Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre (Fraser Health)
- Village at Smith Creek, Westview Place, Pinegrove Care Centre, Hamlets at Penticton, Mount Ida Mews, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Dr. Andrew Pavillion, Poplar Ridge, Noric House, McKinney Place, Glenmore Lodge, Trinity Care Centre, Gillis House, Ponderosa, Castleview Care Centre, Overlander Residential Care, Spring Valley Care Centre, Village by the Station (Interior Health)
- Wexford Creek, Sidney Care Home, Eden Gardens, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Dufferin Place, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, James Bay Care Centre, Sunset Lodge, Arrowsmith Lodge, Woodgrove Manor, Amica on the Gorge, Tsawaayuus Rainbow Gardens, Berwick on The Lake, Chemainus Health Care Centre, Selkirk Seniors Village, Sunridge Place, Island View Place, Nanaimo Seniors Village, Sluggett House, Glacier View Lodge, Rest Haven Lodge and Sidney All Care (Island Health)
- acute care:
- Queen's Park Care Centre (Fraser Health)
- Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health)
- assisted or independent living:
- Chartwell Langley Gardens (Fraser Health)
From Feb. 3-9, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 23.7% of cases.
From Jan. 27 to Feb. 9, they accounted for 31.3% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Feb. 3-9) - Total 8,243
- Not vaccinated: 1,579 (19.2%)
- Partially vaccinated: 375 (4.5%)
- Fully vaccinated: 6,289 (76.3%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Jan. 27 to Feb. 9) - Total 1,194
- Not vaccinated: 322 (27.0%)
- Partially vaccinated: 51 (4.3%)
- Fully vaccinated: 821 (68.7%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Feb. 3-9)
- Not vaccinated: 349.0
- Partially vaccinated: 126.9
- Fully vaccinated: 147.4
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 27 to Feb. 9)
- Not vaccinated: 88.2
- Partially vaccinated: 42.4
- Fully vaccinated: 17.5
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 11,068,338 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
For an update on the vaccination requirement for health professionals:
For guidance on how liquor-serving-only businesses can provide meals from external sources:
For updated long-term care outbreak management protocols, visit:
For updated acute-care outbreak management protocols, visit:
For the Feb. 1, 2022, presentation on hospitalizations: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/Feb_1_2022_Slidedeck.pdf
For information on when to get a COVID-19 test: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/testing/when-to-get-a-covid-19-test
For information on COVID-19 treatments including Paxlovid: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/about-covid-19/treatments
For the Jan. 28, 2022, presentation, Two Years of Working Together, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/1-28-22_COVID-19_Update.pdf
For the Jan. 21, 2022, presentation on COVID-19 hospitalization risk, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/1.21.22_COVID_Hospitalizations.pdf
For the Jan. 14, 2022, modelling presentation, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/14.01.22_Covid19Modelling.pdf
For weekly update on Variants of Concern (VOC), visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/Health-Info-Site/Documents/VoC/VoC_Weekly_20220204.pdf
For information on booster doses, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster
For the Nov. 23, 2021, announcement on COVID-19 pediatric vaccine for children aged 5-11, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0209-002245
To learn more about COVID-19 vaccines for children: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/children
For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register#immunocompromised
For surgical renewal commitment progress reports, visit:
To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
For information on breakthrough cases, see the BCCDC weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data or: www.bccdc.ca
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register or https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/dose-2
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/ or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
- BCCDC: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
- Interior Health: https://www.interiorhealth.ca/health-and-wellness/disease-outbreaks/covid-19/public-exposures
- Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/covid-19/data-outbreaks-facilities
- Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures