As of Monday, Feb. 14, 2022, 90.4% (4,506,205) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 85.3% (4,249,831) have received their second dose.
In addition, 93.1% (4,315,735) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.5% (4,193,878) received their second dose and 52.7% (2,443,314) have received a third dose.
Also, 93.5% (4,042,312) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.9% (3,932,861) received their second dose and 55.3% (2,391,138) have received a third dose.
Over a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 2,701 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 341,286 cases in the province:
- Feb. 11-12: 1,151 new cases
- Feb. 12-13: 883 new cases
- Feb. 13-14: 667 new cases
Note: The numbers of new and total cases are provisional due to a system-wide downtime.
The new cases include:
- Fraser Health: 783
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 495
- Interior Health: 676
- Northern Health: 324
- Island Health: 423
- People who reside outside of Canada: none
There are 803 individuals hospitalized with COVID-19 and 119 are in intensive care.
In the past 72 hours, 17 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,764.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: one
- Vancouver Coastal Health: three
- Interior Health: nine
- Northern Health: two
- Island Health: two
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. The outbreaks at George Derby Centre (Fraser Health), Westview Place, Hamlets at Penticton, Cottonwoods Care Centre, McKinney Place, Gillis House, Village by the Station and Spring Valley Care Centre (Interior Health) have been declared over, for a total of 39 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- Queen's Park Care Centre, Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre (Fraser Health)
- Village at Smith Creek, Pinegrove Care Centre, Mount Ida Mews, Dr. Andrew Pavillion, Poplar Ridge, Noric House, Glenmore Lodge, Trinity Care Centre, Ponderosa, Castleview Care Centre, Overlander Residential Care (Interior Health)
- Wexford Creek, Sidney Care Home, Eden Gardens, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Dufferin Place, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, James Bay Care Centre, Sunset Lodge, Arrowsmith Lodge, Woodgrove Manor, Amica on the Gorge, Tsawaayuus Rainbow Gardens, Berwick on The Lake, Chemainus Health Care Centre, Selkirk Seniors Village, Sunridge Place, Island View Place, Nanaimo Seniors Village, Sluggett House, Glacier View Lodge, Rest Haven Lodge and Sidney All Care (Island Health)
- acute care:
- Queen's Park Care Centre (Fraser Health); and
- Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health)
- assisted or independent living:
- Chartwell Langley Gardens (Fraser Health); and
- Nicola Meadows (Interior Health)
From Feb. 4-10, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 23.8% of cases. From Jan. 28 to Feb. 10, they accounted for 31.2% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Feb. 4-10) - Total 7,784
- Not vaccinated: 1,506 (19.3%)
- Partially vaccinated: 348 (4.5%)
- Fully vaccinated: 5,930 (76.2%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Jan. 28 to Feb. 10) - Total 1,153
- Not vaccinated: 309 (26.8%)
- Partially vaccinated: 51 (4.4%)
- Fully vaccinated: 793 (68.8%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Feb. 4-10)
- Not vaccinated: 335.4
- Partially vaccinated: 117.9
- Fully vaccinated: 146.9
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 28 to Feb. 10)
- Not vaccinated: 84.1
- Partially vaccinated: 41.7
- Fully vaccinated: 16.9
Note: Due to the system-wide downtime, the total number of doses administered in B.C. is not available today.
For an update on the vaccination requirement for health professionals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2022HLTH0047-000195
For guidance on how liquor-serving-only businesses can provide meals from external sources, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2022HLTH0046-000194
For information on when to get a COVID-19 test: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/testing/when-to-get-a-covid-19-test
For information on COVID-19 treatments including Paxlovid: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/about-covid-19/treatments
For information on booster doses, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster
To learn more about COVID-19 vaccines for children: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/children
For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register#immunocompromised
To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data or: www.bccdc.ca
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/ or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.