As of Monday, Feb. 28, 2022, 90.6% (4,516,465) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 86.3% (4,299,888) have received their second dose.
In addition, 93.3% (4,322,690) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.7% (4,204,895) have received their second dose and 55.7% (2,580,562) have received a third dose.
Also, 93.6% (4,048,472) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 91.1% (3,942,366) have received their second dose and 57.7% (2,494,701) have received a third dose.
Over a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 974 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 348,305 cases in the province:
- Feb. 25-26: 398 new cases
- Feb. 26-27: 297 new cases
- Feb. 27-28: 279 new cases
The new cases include:
- Fraser Health: 230
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 100
- Interior Health: 319
- Northern Health: 110
- Island Health: 215
- People who reside outside of Canada: zero
There are 549 individuals hospitalized with COVID-19 and 85 are in intensive care.
In the past 72 hours, 22 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,873.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: five
- Vancouver Coastal Health: two
- Interior Health: four
- Northern Health: six
- Island Health: five
There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks at Sun Pointe Village and Fischer Place (Interior Health). The outbreak at Trinity Care Centre (Interior Health) has been declared over, for a total of 28 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre, Menno Home, Cascade Gardens Seniors Community (Fraser Health)
- Glenmore Lodge, Ponderosa, Castleview Care Centre, Overlander Residential Care, Three Links Manor, Hillside Village, Polson Long Term Care, Mission Creek Landing, Williams Lake Seniors Village, Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health)
- Wexford Creek, Sidney Care Home, Eden Gardens, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, Sunset Lodge, Amica on the Gorge, Selkirk Seniors Village, Nanaimo Seniors Village, Glacier View Lodge, Rest Haven Lodge and Sidney All Care (Island Health)
- acute care:
- Burnaby Hospital and Langley Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health)
- assisted or independent living:
- Fischer Place (Interior Health)
From Feb. 18-24, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 20.7% of cases.
From Feb. 11-24, they accounted for 32.9% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Feb. 18-24) - Total 3,467
- Not vaccinated: 599 (17.3%)
- Partially vaccinated: 118 (3.4%)
- Fully vaccinated: 2,750 (79.3%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Feb. 11-24) - Total 569
- Not vaccinated: 163 (28.7%)
- Partially vaccinated: 24 (4.2%)
- Fully vaccinated: 382 (67.1%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Feb. 18-24)
- Not vaccinated: 139.9
- Partially vaccinated: 53.5
- Fully vaccinated: 60.2
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Feb. 11-24)
- Not vaccinated: 46.4
- Partially vaccinated: 20.8
- Fully vaccinated: 8.1
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 11,339,815 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
For the Feb. 23, 2022, presentation on COVID-19 rapid antigen test distribution strategy, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/Rapid_test_distribution_PPT.pdf
For more information on the government’s distribution of rapid tests, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/testing
For information on when to get a COVID-19 test: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/testing/when-to-get-a-covid-19-test
For information on COVID-19 treatments, including Paxlovid: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/about-covid-19/treatments
For information on booster doses, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster
To learn more about COVID-19 vaccines for children: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/children
For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register#immunocompromised
To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.