The first web cameras on the Sunshine Coast are now live on the Province’s DriveBC website, providing real-time coverage of highway conditions in the area and helping motorists plan a safe journey.
The Province is adding 30 new web cameras to its DriveBC network this year. Priority for new web cameras is given to routes prone to extreme weather or traffic congestion, and for sites where there is not already a nearby webcam.
Travellers on the Sunshine Coast will now have access to current travel and weather conditions with the click of a button. This will bring the total number of web images available on DriveBC to over 200 by the end of the year.
The web cameras are live today and are located at:
- Highway 101 at Loubert Road near Powell River:
- Highway 101 at Egmont Road in Earls Cove: http://prd.images.drivebc.ca/bchighwaycam/pub/html/www/244.html
- Highway 101 at Brooks Road in Secret Cove:
DriveBC is the Province of B.C.’s most popular website. It provides timely road condition updates, travel advisories, road closure information for provincial highways, weather information and other important links to the travelling public, to help ensure easier, safer trips.
- The Province launched the DriveBC website in 2005.
- DriveBC received an average of 2.9 million visits per month in 2010.
- View current webcam images on DriveBC at: www.drivebc.ca (prd.images.drivebc.ca)
Get DriveBC updates on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/drivebc
Government Communications and Public Engagement
Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure